Saturday, April 01, 2006

Ralliart Group N Exhaust Hangers

A good way to extend the life of your exhaust by preventing it from moving too much under hard acceleration and braking would be to upgrade the stock exhaust hangers. The stock exhaust hangers are really too soft and they get even worse over a period of time. Too much movement of the exhaust would just lead to more stress related failures.

I have decided to upgrade my stock muffler hangers to Ralliart Group N items. These are made from Hs90 grade rubber and really much much stiffer than the stock hangers. The Putra runs 7 of such hangers but unless you like a vibrator to go with your performance car it would do you well to upgrade only 2 to 4 of these hangers. Do bear in mind that these hangers are essentially for race/rally/competition use where NVH is not in the agenda. I would recommend the header flange to exhaust piping/catalytic converter hanger section and the rear section of the exhaust muffler. Saves your hard earned money too as each hanger costs more than RM50 so if you upgrade all 7 it's more than 350 moolahs. Picture below of the 2 available types of Ralliart exhaust hangers. The Putra only uses the oval shaped one on the left (Part Number RA906124K1). The other triangular shaped one is for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4 onwards(Part Number RA651790K1). However only 1 unit of RA651790K1 is used. The other 6 are still the oval shaped hangers.

Picture below of installed Ralliart exhaust hangers

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn mean ler ur putra! would be great to have a ride with u on sepang one day if u manage to come down for a trackday! how many pieces u replaced?

llsaw said...

I initially replaced 4 pieces in the front but reverted back 2 pieces due to tingling vibration at 7000+ rpm. I'm keen to try the rear muffler one of these days.

Anonymous said...

tingling? haha. those things made of rock? hehe.. damn happening lah ur car.. using group N shit! u rock~!

hmph said...

Hi Andrew,

Great site, wonderful mods, and good attention to detail!
I was wondering if you would be willing to send me a breakdown of how much you've spent on each upgrade you've made, it'd be really useful for myself to see how much I can stretch my budget ;-)

*jonn* said...

Dude i think the last thing for your engine are some individual quad throttles hehe. That would totally complete the whole badass look.

llsaw said...

hpmh,

I can do a breakdown but really it's be too much hassle. Also the labour rates differ greatly. Likewise the price of some of the parts I've purchased would be cheaper compared to the market due to my connections. I've spent more than RM70K to-date on the SP and that doesn't include service consumble items nor the cost of the car. If you're gonna say I might as well go buy a bigger and faster car then well, let's just say you don't know me well enough ;)

llsaw said...

John,

An ITB setup would require a Motec or Haltech management to work optimally. That would cost me another RM15K minimum as i don't believe in chop shop stuff. Will be getting hitched soon plus there's my own house to consider so this might really take a while. It's in my plans just not so soon..

llsaw said...

uruhara-sv,

I'm also using Group N Ralliart engine mounts. Will do an article on that soon..

Anonymous said...

WAHHH!!! group N engine mounts!!! hardcore!! would love to read the review on that man!! ur running ultra high cams and u got ultra hard bushings... whoa... HARD to imagine ur car when revving high... pure estacy....

*jonn* said...

Andrew should you ever get ITBs you definately find me at your doorstep begging for a ride!! >:D

Anonymous said...

ur begging will be in vain.. for i will already steal his car the night b4! hahaha... jk andrew..

llsaw said...

You guys are dangerous. Time to go underground.. :P